InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to NHL04 Rebuilt 2014. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

"NHL 2004.exe has stopped working"
Mr Talley
Posted: 24 January 2012, 7:12 AM

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3477

Hey guys. When I start the game, it stops at the initial white screen and a message pops up that says "NHL 2004.exe has stopped working". I tried waiting a few minutes, but nothing happened. I tried running it as an administrator and in compatability mode but that doesn't seem to work either. Please help!
nesterenkosghost
Posted: 28 February 2012, 3:07 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 1147

Out of the blue, this has also happened to me...?? White screen...NHL.exe has stopped working.

I've Uninstalled and Re-installed from scratch EVERYTHING including Manual Deletion of folders , files, etc.

I dont understand. I cant even play a game in NHL 2004 with the old version??

Anybody else? (I've been running this MOD for the past 2-3 years?)

Same Machine: DELL, Windows 7, i3 3.20 GHz, 4GB memory, 64-bit

I have Run this MOD under WIN 7 for at least 1.5 years with absolutely No Problem...until now
Para
Posted: 2 March 2012, 4:16 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 1566

I had the same Problem from one day to annother last week.

But in my case it was the autoupdate of WIN7.

It autoinstalled Internet Explorer 9. With this Explorer Edition we all know NHL 2004 will crash.

I had to uninstall IE9, an found a old version of IE8 in the internet, because MS doesn`t support IE 8 for WIN7 anymore.
nesterenkosghost
Posted: 11 March 2012, 8:30 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 1147

thanks Para, I did not know IE9 issue, but the update coincides with when the problems began.

Just curious, was the IE9 issue posted? sticky or something?

thanks again
trent
Posted: 11 March 2012, 9:02 PM

Project Leader

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2

windy013
Posted: 22 March 2012, 12:06 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 4079

hey there, ive also had this issue. In the error message it says "Problem event name: appCrash and a few lines underneath that says Module Name: ntdll.dll" i uninstalled internetexplorer 9, ran it as administrator, did the compatibility as well, ive reinstalled the game 4 times hoping to solve the problem but its not happening. Any help would be amazing!

gregkevinw
Posted: 29 March 2012, 9:30 AM

Rookie

Member No.: 1479

3rd season first playoff game ....... can play the game... cannot simulate ... get the nhl.exe error code when i try to move to the next day... game has been perfect to this point.
trent
Posted: 29 March 2012, 12:44 PM

Project Leader

QUOTE (windy013 @ 22 March 2012, 12:06 AM)
hey there, ive also had this issue. In the error message it says "Problem event name: appCrash and a few lines underneath that says Module Name: ntdll.dll" i uninstalled internetexplorer 9, ran it as administrator, did the compatibility as well, ive reinstalled the game 4 times hoping to solve the problem but its not happening. Any help would be amazing!

Google ntdll.dll problems... I got almost 2 million results.
Lukas33
Posted: 20 October 2013, 8:40 PM

Rookie

Member No.: 8406

Hi all. Today I decided to reinstall NHL 04 to upgrade mods. Now I can not get it to work. I run into this "NHL 2004.exe has stopped working" problem. I searched possible solutions here, but nothing helped. I can not run neither unmoded nor moded version of game, always get this NHL 2004.exe has stopped working message. I have win7. This is what I tried so far.
- Run as XP sp3 and 2 compatible
- Run as administrator
- I have cleared registry before instaling it
- turned off intro with Launcher (also tried it through registry once)
- added exceptions to my Antivirus for NHL04.exe, Project 2 etc.
- Crash report say, problem is with browserengine_pc_z.dll So I downloaded another browserengine_pc_z.dll and replaced it, but it doesnt help.
- I do not have IE 9. I have 8, also tried to run it while IE was disabled.
- I have installed it into D/NHL 04 folder
- Restarted PC between changes
As I said, game worked before. I played it yesterday, but as I had more than 1 year old version of mods, I decided to reinstall it. Any other ideas, what should I try? Maybe I missed something?
LeafsAreDaBomb
Posted: 21 October 2013, 2:16 AM

Junior Developer

Member No.: 8369

It's a Pain. Whenever I play a home game on dynasty mode with the Boston bruins it sucks...

iu.gif
DSgamby
Posted: 21 October 2013, 2:20 AM

Charter Member

Member No.: 27

You need the arena-lite.viv

rename arena.viv to another name and rename arena-lite.viv to arena.viv
trent
Posted: 21 October 2013, 2:35 AM

Project Leader

In the Dynasty mode you don't have to rename anything.

Dynasty loads arena-lite.viv automatically. If BOS or DET are crashing in the Season mode you have to rename arena-lite.viv to -> arena.viv.

If Season is working fine, just have both files in the \gamedata folder.
Lukas33
Posted: 21 October 2013, 9:19 AM

Rookie

QUOTE (Lukas33 @ 20 October 2013, 8:40 PM)
Hi all. Today I decided to reinstall NHL 04 to upgrade mods. Now I can not get it to work. I run into this "NHL 2004.exe has stopped working" problem. I searched possible solutions here, but nothing helped. I can not run neither unmoded nor moded version of game, always get this NHL 2004.exe has stopped working message. I have win7. This is what I tried so far.
- Run as XP sp3 or 2 compatible
- Run as administrator
- I have cleared registry before instaling it
- turned off intro with Launcher (also tried it through registry once)
- added exceptions to my Antivirus for NHL04.exe, Project 2 etc. Also added whole NHL 04 folder to exceptions.
- Crash report say, problem is with browserengine_pc_z.dll So I downloaded another browserengine_pc_z.dll and replaced it, but it doesnt help.
- I do not have IE 9. I have 8, also tried to run it while IE was disabled.
- I have installed it into D/NHL 04 folder
- Restarted PC between changes
As I said, game worked before. I played it yesterday, but as I had more than 1 year old version of mods, I decided to reinstall it.

So I have read all topics related to this common problem once again, but I still can not find, where my problem is. If I understand it correctly, thanks to launcher IE 9 is no longer problem. Also I have IE8 anyway, so this should not be the problem.
UAC is turned off.
I am administrator with full rights on PC.
I thought, that maybe original CDs are damaged, so I obtained another version. Also tried various NoCDs, but I am always getting this error.
I feel pretty dumb right now, as I installed the game multiple times before on Windows 7 and now I can not get it to work. Maybe I just missed something simple? iu.gif
trent
Posted: 21 October 2013, 12:06 PM

Project Leader

Weird. Where does it stop working? When you load the arena?

If that's the case you might have rosters badly installed. Have you tried in XP compatibility mode?
Lukas33
Posted: 21 October 2013, 12:57 PM

Rookie

Yes, I tried XP compatibility mod.
It stops working before EA logo. I mean, I can not start the game at all. After I run nhl2004.exe, screen just change resolution, turn white and then error message appears. Same thing with clean install and modded version (tried it with interface installed, interface + arena files and interface + arena + rosters.)

EDIT: I thought that maybe I was just installing those mods in wrong way, so I tried to install them using the old autoinstaller I had before and kept on my HD. Now I do not understand it at all. I was using this version for around 8 months or so with no problem, but now I am getting the same error message.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Problem Reports / Tech Support | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive